With offices located in Venice and Sarasota, the Sarasota County Property Appraiser's office offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package which includes Health & Dental Coverage, Deferred Compensation Plan, vehicle for business use, fitness facilities, State of Florida Retirement Plan, 11 paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) system and more. We are searching for applicants who can accept change, challenge, and a commitment to our community. We look for those with excellent communication skills, high level of computer skills and relevant professional experience.
Veterans Preference requires admission of documentation (Form DD-214) at the time the application is submitted and a completed Veteran's Preference Eligibility form. Please complete the form, attach the necessary documentation and mail or fax to the attention of Human Resources, 2001 Adams Lane, Sarasota, Florida 34237. Fax number: 941-861-8260.
Completing your job application:
- 1. Download the fillable employment application form (to view and print the form, please ensure you have a PDF Reader installed)
- 2. Complete the fillable application, save the application and email it to email@example.com
- Alternatively, you can complete the fillable application, print and fax, mail or drop it off at one of our offices.
- Employment Application (Fillable PDF)
- Fax Number: (941) 861-8260
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address: Sarasota County Property Appraiser, Attn: Human Resources, 2001 Adams Lane, Sarasota, Fl 34237
An EEO/ADA Employer
Software Generalist - Sarasota
A successful candidate for this entry-level position will be able to test developed solutions, develop solutions for service issues, and support all assigned internal business and vendor applications. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to testing, maintaining and supporting the public sites, intranet sites, and other applications used to manage the input, display, search, and maintenance of large sets of records as needed.
- Test complex data driven web enabled and native applications, services, and interfaces
- Develop test plans and perform tests on solutions
- Investigate, analyze, and summarize internal and vendor application service issues
- Develop solutions for service issues
- Develop small components and utilities
- Analyze and assist others with analysis of large data sets using various techniques
- Document developed solutions and test plans
- Support development and IT teams as necessary
- Perform scheduled business processes by conducting operations on applications
- Monitor applications for service issues
- Support and maintain vendor applications
- Perform application and system administration
- Accomplishes IT and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Logical and detail oriented
- Adaptable, flexible and responsive to change
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field
- Strong knowledge of database concepts and SQL
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, networking, file shares, file transfer
- Familiarity with C#
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Testing Principles
- Understanding of design patterns
Other skills and experience (desired but not required):
- Internship, COOP or part-time experience in related field
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Subversion or similar version control
- Familiarity with scripting languages
Starting salary from $40,000 to $50,000 depending on experience/skill level
Partial benefits package available for part time positions.
No positions currently available.