With offices located in Venice and Sarasota, the Sarasota County Property Appraiser's office offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package which includes Health & Dental Coverage, Deferred Compensation Plan, vehicle for business use, fitness facilities, State of Florida Retirement Plan, 11 paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) system and more. We are searching for applicants who can accept change, challenge, and a commitment to our community. We look for those with excellent communication skills, high level of computer skills and relevant professional experience.
Veterans Preference requires admission of documentation (Form DD-214) at the time the application is submitted and a completed Veteran's Preference Eligibility form. Please complete the form, attach the necessary documentation and mail or fax to the attention of Human Resources, 2001 Adams Lane, Sarasota, Florida 34237. Fax number: 941-861-8260.
Completing your job application:
- 1. Download the fillable employment application form (to view and print the form, please ensure you have a PDF Reader installed)
- 2. Complete the fillable application, save the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, you can complete the fillable application, print and fax, mail or drop it off at one of our offices.
- Employment Application (Fillable PDF)
- Fax Number: (941) 861-8260
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Mailing Address: Sarasota County Property Appraiser, Attn: Human Resources, 2001 Adams Lane, Sarasota, Fl 34237
An EEO/ADA Employer
Commercial Appraiser - Sarasota
Moderate to complex work in commercial appraisal. Some duties include field inspection of properties, collection of relevant physical and economic characteristics, analysis of sales and operating data, and communication with taxpayers. Must be detail oriented and impeccably accurate.
This position requires a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and basic geometry, creative problem solving skills, understanding of CAMA software, effective communication and a valid Florida driver's license.
Florida State Certified General Appraiser with 3+ years of experience preferred. Mass appraisal experience a plus.
Starting salary $50,000+, depending on experience
Appraiser Trainee - Sarasota/Venice
An entry level full-time position that involves performing residential property inspections. Must be detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Inspecting property, reviewing and verification of permits, measuring/sketching residential properties, and communicating with taxpayers, as needed.
Knowledge & skills:
- Knowledge of construction materials
- Must be computer literate in use of MS Excel and Word
- Position requires:
- strong written and verbal skills,
- creative problem solving skills,
- excellent customer relations.
- Working knowledge of geometry
- Possess a valid Florida driver’s license
- Impeccable organizational skills and time management
- High level of detail and accuracy
Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
Starting salary $35,000+, depending on experience
Partial benefits package available for part time positions.
No positions currently available.