With offices located in Venice and Sarasota, the Sarasota County Property Appraiser's office offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package which includes Health & Dental Coverage, Deferred Compensation Plan, vehicle for business use, fitness facilities, State of Florida Retirement Plan, 11 paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) system and more. We are searching for applicants who can accept change, challenge, and a commitment to our community. We look for those with excellent communication skills, high level of computer skills and relevant professional experience.
Additional documentation must be submitted with your application to qualify for veterans’ preference. Click here for details.
Completing your job application:
- Download the fillable employment application form (to view and print the form, please ensure you have a PDF Reader installed)
- Complete the fillable application, SAVE the application to your computer or device and EMAIL the SAVED, FULLY COMPLETED application to email@example.com
- Alternatively, you can complete the fillable application, print and fax, mail or drop it off at one of our offices.
- Employment Application (Fillable PDF) (SAVE the completed application to your computer or device and follow instructions in # 2 above)
- Fax Number: (941) 861-8260
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address: Sarasota County Property Appraiser, Attn: Human Resources, 2001 Adams Lane, Sarasota, Fl 34237
An EEO/ADA Employer
Residential Field Appraiser - Sarasota/Venice
A full-time position that involves moderately complex work in gathering data for appraisal analysis and preparation to determine values for tax roll and VAB.
- Inspect properties to verify characteristics
- Review and verify building permits
- Measure and sketch residential properties
- Establish quality grades and effective age
- Communicate with taxpayers to explain valuations
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of construction materials and/or property inspections experience
- Appraisal knowledge to include understanding of quality grades and effective age
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Excel and Word, CAMA systems and GIS technology
- Able to provide examples of decisions made and judgment used
- Working knowledge of geometry
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer relations
- Extremely attentive to detail
- Valid Florida driver’s license (or be obtained prior to start)
- Impeccable organizational skills and time management
- High level of detail and accuracy
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of appraisal experience
Starting salary $40,000, commensurate with experience
Commercial Appraiser - Sarasota
A full-time Appraiser II or Appraiser III position (depending on qualifications and experience) in the Commercial Department. We are seeking a motivated, self-starting individual eager for a new challenge.
- Inspect properties to verify characteristics and update changes resulting from building permits. Produce sketches from blueprints and on-site measurements.
- Qualify sales and verify purchase prices and terms. Verify property characteristics for sold parcels.
- Complex tasks involving the collection and analysis of income and expense, cost, and comparable sales analysis data relating to the appraisal of commercial, industrial, multi-family property, and vacant land.
- Appraise assigned property classes for annual reassessment.
- Review and complete all in-person, written, and electronic inquiries from taxpayers with minimal supervision.
- Research, prepare and present assessment reviews for Value Adjustment Board hearings through verbal testimony in accordance with office policy, Florida statutes, and accepted appraisal practices with supervision and assistance from the department manager.
- Degree in Real Estate, Finance or Economics ideal. Combination of education and appraisal experience commensurate to a degree may be considered.
- Extensive experience appraising commercial property. Mass and single property appraisal experience is preferred. Progressive appraisal experience may be considered.
- Valid Florida Driver’s license (or be obtained prior to start)
- Proficiency using MS Word and Excel, Marshall & Swift
Preference will be given to applicants with current appraisal experience and education.
Additional consideration may be given for:
- State Certified General Appraiser's license
- Professional Designation such as MAI, ASA, or MAS
- Mass appraisal of commercial property experience
Starting salary commensurate with experience
Partial benefits package available for part time positions.
No positions currently available.