In an effort to keep the public and our staff safe from COVID-19 and limit the number of people in our lobby, our offices in Sarasota and Venice are now accepting customers by appointment only. Learn how to make an appointment for an in-office visit.
Submission of Homestead/Exemptions documents: please submit your documents by emailing them to our Customer Service department.
You can also contact us through email, phone or physical mail.
We’re glad you’re considering the Sarasota County Property Appraiser as a prospective employer! Headquartered in the historic Terrace Building in Sarasota and with offices in Venice and North Port, the Sarasota County Property Appraiser's Office offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package which includes health & dental coverage, a deferred compensation plan, vehicle for business use, fitness facilities, Florida Retirement System plan, eleven (11) paid holidays, a generous paid time off system and more. We search for individuals who can accept change, challenge, and are committed to our community. Our motto "Serving our community with pride and accountability", is what we do best!
Additional documentation must be submitted with your application to qualify for veterans’ preference.
Applying for employment with our agency is now easier than ever. Simply follow the steps below:
Download and complete the Employment Application form (Fillable PDF) (you must have a PDF Reader installed to access the form). Be sure to answer all questions completely and to electronically sign and date where indicated. Save the completed form on your computer/device.
Next, click the yellow “Submit Application” button at the end of your completed form. This will prompt your default email program to create a new email automatically attaching the application. Please include your current resume with your completed application.
Email your completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s that easy!
You can also fax your submission to (941) 861-8243, or mail/hand deliver to:
Sarasota County Property Appraiser
Attn: Human Resources
2001 Adams Lane
Sarasota, FL 34237
An EEO/ADA Employer
Exemption Specialist - Sarasota
Perform a variety of Exemption related functions to assist customer in reviewing records, and securing information that pertains to Exemptions, Portability/Save Our Homes cap, and other office functions. Has a desire to learn and grow.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Complete Homestead Exemption application based on customer interviews and web-based applications
- Explain how Save Our Homes/Portability apply
- Participate in fraud investigations
- Explain state law associated with exemptions and determine what exemption may apply to applicants
- May work at alternate locations, as needed
Knowledge and skills required:
- Strong people skills – patience & listening skills
- High level of detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Effective oral and written communications
- Ability to learn new programs quickly
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills – Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point
- Adaptability / flexibility / calm demeanor
Other skills and experience desired:
- Associates degree and/or 2 to 5 years of paralegal or title experience preferred
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Starting salary $38,000 depending on experience
Human Resource Manager - Sarasota
The Human Resources (HR) Manager is a management level position reporting to the Property Appraiser. This position will be responsible for staffing and talent management, training and development, employee relations, performance management; benefits management; ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations to include records management; administration of HR policies, procedures and processes in partnership with HR and Agency leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to interact within all levels of the organization to promote strategic alignment with Agency policies, goals and objectives.
- Support the staffing plan and needs of the business. Position is responsible for recruiting talent to support company goals and objectives according to strategy, headcount and budget. Demonstrate keen understanding of job expectations and competency requirements to ensure accuracy of job posts and descriptions.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local requirements such as EEO, I-9s, ADA, FLSA, Veterans’ Preference, etc.
- Effectively manage compliance with all HR-related initiatives such as FMLA, HIPAA, Workers Compensation, Short Term Disability, etc.
- Onboarding, new hire orientation, stay interviews, separations, exit interviews.
- Understand and respond to benefits questions; open enrollment.
- Interpret, apply and enforce HR policies and procedures, ensure accuracy of the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain strong employee relations with managers and employees through fair and consistent application of work rules and policies; ensure consistent processes exist in all departments.
- Promptly and effectively respond to manager’s and employee’s questions, concerns, issues.
- Improve employee engagement and employee relations in order to retain talent through proactive programs including leadership development and training, supervisory and management training and stimulate employee involvement in all areas.
- Provide support for performance management and merit planning processes for respective areas.
- Advise managers on employee performance issues, provide counseling on a development plan, and develop a Performance Improvement Plan if needed.
- Have a “can do” attitude and a positive outlook while minimizing negative behaviors.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness as a self-starter.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- PHR or SPHR is preferred.
- 7+ years previous experience in human resource management, including knowledge of compensation practices, employee relations, performance management, employment law, planning and project management; 3+ years of experience in a leadership position.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Collaborative/team based management style.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state and local employment guidelines is required.
- Strong computer skills including Windows-based programs such as Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook is required.
- Strong HR presence, capable of engendering trust and confidence throughout the Agency.
- Capable of serving as an effective advocate of employee interests.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving and/or maintaining a positive workplace culture
Salary range: $64,480 to $72,800
Application Administrator (Database) - Sarasota
This position administers all aspects of internal and vendor applications. Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and take initiative. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining current operations, deploying new systems, improving internal processes, and support of end user information needs.
- Writing complex SQL scripts, stored procedures, SSIS packages to address the data needs of the organization
- Manage database interfaces for internal and external clients
- Administer applications using appropriate practices
- Deploy changes into production databases and applications
- Identify and create test and deployment plans as required
- Develop and maintain reports using Crystal Reports or other reporting tools
- Design and develop interfaces for data exchanges between applications through Extract, Transform, and Load operations using Excel, Access, Text, MS SQL, and others
- Maintain vendor applications through upgrades and case management and liaise with vendor support on all issues
- Lead and participate in efforts to implement application updates to include upgrades, patches, and new releases
- Responsible for problem management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis on internal and vendor applications
- Automate, schedule, monitor, and run processing workloads for databases and vendor applications
- Estimate and identify critical paths for assigned tasks
- Document changes, scripts, processes, and procedures
- Provide feedback on evaluations of vendor applications
- Compile end-user feedback for issues and requirements in an efficient and courteous manner
- Participate in process improvements and collaborate with others on change
- Effectively interface with technical and non-technical staff at all organizational levels
- Ability to work successfully with a diverse group of customers
- Possess outstanding attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and 5+ years of combined experience in Information Technology fields
- 4+ years strong database experience using Microsoft SQL Server writing complex queries and developing SSIS packages
- Demonstrated ability in supporting, maintaining, and administering vendor application
Other skills and experience (desired but not required):
- Computer Aided Mass Appraisal (CAMA) system experience (Custom CAMA)
- Experience with Subversion or similar version control
- Experience with Crystal Reports
- Advanced Professional Certifications
Salary range: $74,880 to $81,120
There are no part-time positions available at this time.