We’re glad you’re considering the Sarasota County Property Appraiser as a prospective employer! Headquartered in the historic Terrace Building in Sarasota and with offices in Venice and North Port, the Sarasota County Property Appraiser's Office offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package which includes health & dental coverage, a deferred compensation plan, vehicle for business use, fitness facilities, Florida Retirement System plan, eleven (11) paid holidays, a generous paid time off system and more. We search for individuals who can accept change, challenge, and are committed to our community. Our motto "Serving our community with pride and accountability", is what we do best!
Additional documentation must be submitted with your application to qualify for veterans’ preference.
Applying for employment with our agency is now easier than ever. Simply follow the steps below:
Complete the Employment Application form (Fillable PDF) (you must have a PDF Reader installed to access the form). Be sure to answer all questions completely and to electronically sign and date where indicated.
When you are finished, click the yellow “Submit Application” button at the end of the form. This will prompt your default email program to create a new email automatically attaching the application. Please include your current resume with your completed application.
Email your completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s that easy!
You can also fax your submission to (941) 861-8243, or mail/hand deliver to:
Sarasota County Property Appraiser
Attn: Human Resources
2001 Adams Lane
Sarasota, FL 34237
An EEO/ADA Employer
Residential Field Appraiser - Sarasota
This full-time position involves moderately complex work in gathering data for appraisal analysis and preparation to determine values for tax roll and Value Adjustment Board appeals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspect properties to verify characteristics
- Review and verify building permits
- Measure and sketch residential properties
- Establish quality grades and effective age
- Communicate with taxpayers to explain valuations
- Knowledge of construction materials and/or property inspections experience
- Appraisal knowledge to include understanding of quality grades and effective age
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Excel and Word, CAMA systems and GIS technology
- Able to provide examples of decisions made and judgment used
- Working knowledge of geometry
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer relations
- Extremely attentive to detail
- Valid Florida driver license (or be obtained prior to start)
- Impeccable organizational skills and time management
- High level of detail and accuracy
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- One year of appraisal experience
Salary $38,000 - $40,000 / year
There are no part-time positions available at this time.