We’re glad you’re considering the Sarasota County Property Appraiser as a prospective employer. With offices in Venice and Sarasota, we offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package which includes health & dental coverage, a deferred compensation plan, vehicle for business use, fitness facilities, Florida Retirement System plan, 11 paid holidays, a generous paid time off system and more. We are searching for applicants who can accept change, challenge and are committed to our community.
Additional documentation must be submitted with your application to qualify for veterans’ preference. Click here for details.
Download the fillable employment application form Employment Application (Fillable PDF) (you must have a PDF Reader installed to access the form)
To email application:
- Save the application to your computer or device
- Answer all questions on the application
- SAVE YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION. The application will be received blank if it’s sent prior to saving your changes.
- Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org
To fax, mail or hand delivery application:
- Answer all questions on the application and send to:
- Fax to (941) 861-8243
- Mail or hand deliver to:
Sarasota County Property Appraiser
Attn: Human Resources
2001 Adams Lane
Sarasota, FL 34237
An EEO/ADA Employer
Human Resources Business Partner - Sarasota
The Human Resources (HR) Business Partner will be responsible for staffing and talent management, training and development, employee relations, performance management; benefits management; ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations to include records management; administration of HR policies, procedures and processes in partnership with HR and Agency leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to interact within all levels of the organization to promote strategic alignment with Agency policies, goals and objectives.
- Support the staffing plan and needs of the business. Position is responsible for recruiting talent to support company goals and objectives according to strategy, headcount and budget. Demonstrate keen understanding of job expectations and competency requirements to ensure accuracy of job posts and descriptions.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local requirements such as EEO, I-9s, ADA, FLSA, Veterans’ Preference, etc.
- Effectively manage compliance with all HR-related initiatives such as FMLA, HIPAA, Workers Compensation, Short Term Disability, etc.
- Onboarding, new hire orientation, stay interviews, separations, exit interviews.
- Understand and respond to benefits questions; open enrollment.
- Interpret, apply and enforce HR policies and procedures, ensure accuracy of the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain strong employee relations with managers and employees through fair and consistent application of work rules and policies; ensure consistent processes exist in all departments.
- Promptly and effectively respond to manager’s and employee’s questions, concerns, issues.
- Improve employee engagement and employee relations in order to retain talent through proactive programs including leadership development and training, supervisory and management training and stimulate employee involvement in all areas.
- Provide support for performance management and merit planning processes for respective areas.
- Advise managers on employee performance issues, provide counseling on a development plan, and develop a Performance Improvement Plan if needed.
- Have a “can do” attitude and a positive outlook while minimizing negative behaviors.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness as a self-starter.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- PHR or SPHR is preferred.
- 7+ years previous experience in human resource management, including knowledge of compensation practices, employee relations, performance management, employment law, planning and project management; 3+ years of experience in a leadership position.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Collaborative/team based management style.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state and local employment guidelines is required.
- Strong computer skills including Windows-based programs such as Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook is required.
- Strong HR presence, capable of engendering trust and confidence throughout the Agency.
- Capable of serving as an effective advocate of employee interests.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving and/or maintaining a positive workplace culture
Application Administrator - Sarasota
A successful candidate for this position administers all aspects of internal and vendor applications. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining current operations, deploying new systems, improving internal processes, and support of end user information needs.
- Administer applications using appropriate practices
- Deploy changes into production databases and applications
- Identify and create test and deployment plans as required
- Develop SQL scripts, stored procedures, relational databases, data warehouses, SSIS packages, and reports
- Design and develop interfaces for data exchanges between applications through Extract, Transform, and Load operations using Excel, Access, Text, MS SQL, and others
- Manage database interfaces for internal and external clients
- Support organization data access needs through custom queries and reports
- Maintain vendor applications through upgrades and case management
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot existing internal and vendor applications
- Demonstrate ability to solve complex support and maintenance issues with applications
- Automate, schedule, monitor, and run processing workloads for databases and vendor applications
- Estimate and identify critical paths for assigned tasks
- Document changes, scripts, processes, procedures, and developments
- Provide feedback on evaluations of vendor applications
- Compile end user feedback for issues and requirements in an efficient and courteous manner
- Participate in process improvements and collaborate with others on change
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and 5+ years of combined experience in Information Technology fields
- Strong track record of performing all aspects of application administration
- 4+ years database experience using Microsoft SQL Server including queries and SSIS
Other skills and experience (desired but not required):
- Computer Aided Mass Appraisal (CAMA) system experience (customCAMA)
- Experience with Subversion or similar version control
- Experience with Crystal Reports
- Advanced Professional Certifications
- There are no part-time positions available at this time.