Effective March 20 - In an effort to limit the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have closed our physical offices to the public until further notice. We remain fully staffed. Please visit our Temporary Services page for information on conducting business with us during this time. We are here to help.
You can contact us via our website, by email, physical mail. Or by phone at 941-861-8200 during normal business hours.
We’re glad you’re considering the Sarasota County Property Appraiser as a prospective employer! Headquartered in the historic Terrace Building in Sarasota and with offices in Venice and North Port, the Sarasota County Property Appraiser's Office offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package which includes health & dental coverage, a deferred compensation plan, vehicle for business use, fitness facilities, Florida Retirement System plan, eleven (11) paid holidays, a generous paid time off system and more. We search for individuals who can accept change, challenge, and are committed to our community. Our motto "Serving our community with pride and accountability", is what we do best!
Additional documentation must be submitted with your application to qualify for veterans’ preference.
Applying for employment with our agency is now easier than ever. Simply follow the steps below:
Complete the Employment Application form (Fillable PDF) (you must have a PDF Reader installed to access the form). Be sure to answer all questions completely and to electronically sign and date where indicated.
When you are finished, click the yellow “Submit Application” button at the end of the form. This will prompt your default email program to create a new email automatically attaching the application. Please include your current resume with your completed application.
Email your completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s that easy!
You can also fax your submission to (941) 861-8243, or mail/hand deliver to:
Sarasota County Property Appraiser
Attn: Human Resources
2001 Adams Lane
Sarasota, FL 34237
An EEO/ADA Employer
Application Administrator (Database) - Sarasota
This position administers all aspects of internal and vendor applications. Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and take initiative. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining current operations, deploying new systems, improving internal processes, and support of end user information needs.
- Writing complex SQL scripts, stored procedures, SSIS packages to address the data needs of the organization
- Manage database interfaces for internal and external clients
- Administer applications using appropriate practices
- Deploy changes into production databases and applications
- Identify and create test and deployment plans as required
- Develop and maintain reports using Crystal Reports or other reporting tools
- Design and develop interfaces for data exchanges between applications through Extract, Transform, and Load operations using Excel, Access, Text, MS SQL, and others
- Maintain vendor applications through upgrades and case management and liaise with vendor support on all issues
- Lead and participate in efforts to implement application updates to include upgrades, patches, and new releases
- Responsible for problem management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis on internal and vendor applications
- Automate, schedule, monitor, and run processing workloads for databases and vendor applications
- Estimate and identify critical paths for assigned tasks
- Document changes, scripts, processes, and procedures
- Provide feedback on evaluations of vendor applications
- Compile end-user feedback for issues and requirements in an efficient and courteous manner
- Participate in process improvements and collaborate with others on change
- Effectively interface with technical and non-technical staff at all organizational levels
- Ability to work successfully with a diverse group of customers
- Possess outstanding attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and 5+ years of combined experience in Information Technology fields
- 4+ years strong database experience using Microsoft SQL Server writing complex queries and developing SSIS packages
- Demonstrated ability in supporting, maintaining, and administering vendor application
Other skills and experience (desired but not required):
- Computer Aided Mass Appraisal (CAMA) system experience (Custom CAMA)
- Experience with Subversion or similar version control
- Experience with Crystal Reports
- Advanced Professional Certifications
Residential Field Appraiser - Sarasota
This full-time position involves moderately complex work in gathering data for appraisal analysis and preparation to determine values for tax roll and Value Adjustment Board appeals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspect properties to verify characteristics
- Review and verify building permits
- Measure and sketch residential properties
- Establish quality grades and effective age
- Communicate with taxpayers to explain valuations
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of construction materials and/or property inspections experience
- Appraisal knowledge to include understanding of quality grades and effective age
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Excel and Word, CAMA systems and GIS technology
- Able to provide examples of decisions made and judgment used
- Working knowledge of geometry
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer relations
- Extremely attentive to detail
- Valid Florida driver license (or be obtained prior to start)
- Impeccable organizational skills and time management
- High level of detail and accuracy
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- One year of appraisal experience
Starting salary $40,000
There are no part-time positions available at this time.